areas I Specialise in:
- relationship coaching - getting into one, enhancing the one you're in, deciding to leave one. Also relationship grief and learning about unhealthy patterns.
- conflict resolution in relationships - in your love relationships, family, work or friends
- overcoming anxiety - it doesn't have to be a major part of your life
- career progression and work confidence - effective communication, interview preparation
- important life decisions - at work, home, parenting
- overcoming fears such as flying or driving
- breaking bad habits - disrupted sleep, smoking, exercise
- parenting stress - how to help your children thrive by being the best you
- managing stress and depression - impact on your health, work, family and relationships
- conception & pregnancy difficulties - IVF, miscarriages, pregnancy anxiety
Who Are My Clients?
I see men and women individually aged from 18-80, as well as couples and older teenagers. I also do short-term work with children to teach them relaxation tools for anxiety.
I would describe my clients as the 'walking well'; well-functioning people who simply need some support, strategies and guidance to help them through.
I have been working as a psychologist since I began working as a TAFE counsellor in 1999 and during that time I've worked with a wide and wonderful variety of clients.
I became a registered psychologist because people's stories fascinate me and I have an enormous amount of compassion and energy which I use to help them transform.
I combine traditional psychology methods (counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Techniques or CBT) with fresh techniques such as meridian tapping, energy psychology and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming).
I have an ability to connect with almost everyone and love providing a safe, light, warm and often humourous atmosphere for my clients from which they create change.
I love helping my clients overcome issues in their life as well as helping them plan for the future in a solution-focused way, and I add a coaching component to sessions when required, having completed coaching qualifications back in 2005.
Media & Special Projects
I have a passion for educating people about the value of paying attention to their emotional health as I believe it's often neglected, and I enjoy delivering positive messages to the wider public in a warm and easy-to-digest manner.
I have worked in the media almost my entire career, with roles including:
- eHarmony's Dating & Relationships Expert
- resident psychologist for CLEO & Yours Magazines
- writing for Wellbeing and marie claire magazines
- fortnightly guest on 702 Evenings with Andrew Daddo
- resident psychologist on MORNINGS (Channel 9) with David Campbell & Sonia Kruger appearing regularly for 3 years
- supplying expert commentary for various publications including Sydney Morning Herald, Sunday Life, Good Health Magazine, Sunday Telegraph, Diabetic Living, Women's Fitness, Junior Magazine, and many others
- working with writers such as Dannielle Miller (Enlighten Education) and Nina Funnell
- several appearances on Channel 10 News and the defunct Breakfast program as well as A Current Affair
- appearing regularly on ABC radio, 2GB and 2UE for professional commentary
- member of the Simple Advisory Board for three years, focusing on the effects stress can have on your health, including your skin
I am also mum to two amazing young children, who keep me on me toes and teach me so much about life and the world and myself every day.