JACQUI MANNING - THE FRIENDLY PSYCHOLOGIST
You may have thought about talking to someone to help you over a bump in your life, but have stopped yourself because you thought your problem wasn't 'big' enough or the idea made you nervous, like there was something wrong with you, rather than the situation you were in.
Seeing a psychologist is a proactive way to take care of your emotional health. We will visit a doctor if we feel pain or we have the flu, so why do we find it harder when we feel emotional pain? Good emotional hygiene - or 'psychological immune boosting' as one of my clients puts it - is essential to deal with the pressures of modern life.
People come and see me for many reasons:
- To resolve a problem in their life
- To get clarity on a situation - e.g. breaking up a relationship or a career change
- To learn strategies to improve their relationships, including life's essentials such as effective communication
- To get relief from anxiety and stress that feels overwhelming
- To break old patterns such as bad sleep cycles or quitting smoking
- To increase their emotional, physical and mental health
Appointments are available face-to-face in the calming and beautiful clinic Darling Street Health, or via phone and Skype. To book call Darling Street Health 02 9555 8806.
Clinic Hours in 2016:
- Every Tuesday: 10:30am - 8pm
- Every Wednesday: 10:30am - 4pm
- Alternate Saturdays: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Via Skype: Flexible, by appt only